Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Song to Story Connection

I chose two songs to represent pieces of the story, Uglies.The first song is "Beauty from Pain" by Superchick. I chose this song 1) because this is an awesome song; and 2) this is in relation to troubles in the story. Out of pain can spring a new individual. The second song is "Cross the Line" by Superchick. I chose this song 1)  because this song is also awesome; and 2) this is specifically linked to the part in the story where Tally is going to go find Shay. The song reads: "I'm gonna ride like I've got the cops on my tail/I'm gonna live my life like I'm out on bail/I'm gonna be out front, gonna blaze a trail/
I'm gonna cross that line." That chorus, in my mind, represents rebellion, and I sense a hint of rebellion in Tally when she is "forced" to go and find Shay.

*These songs are in the form of music videos. If they do not appear, then make sure your browser supports the plug-ins for YouTube videos. If you have verified the above statements and still cannot get any of the videos, follow these links to the YouTube source for these videos.*
   
Beauty from Pain 
Cross the Line 

No comments:

Post a Comment