Friday, April 19, 2013

Imagery

I was amazed as I wandered through the town, smelling the fresh scent of wood fires. I heard a pair of trademasters arguing over what they were trying to trade as I felt the grass beneath my toes. I had thought for a moment: it feels good to be free. As I learned the paths to hoverboard over, I felt the rush of wind going across my face, and I began to notice the mountain off in the distance. Such serene peace and beauty this place beholds, if only I had thought of leaving the big city sooner. I soon heard loud grinding and cranking noises as I drew nearer to the mountain and discovered to my surprise, the source of all the metal the town used for their hoverboarding paths. I could see all the shine that was left on that rail and rubbed my hands across the cross-beams letting the splinters find their home in my palms and fingers. I decided to walk back to town feeling the harsh scrape of the cowhide leather shirt and smelling the fresh rain as it pittered and pattered over my face and the leaves on the trees, hearing a loud rush as of a wave. I turned to look back towards where I was heading and saw many beautiful colors as I had found my self in a natural flower garden. I slept there that night with a soft blanket of petals and watching the stars as they twinkled and winked at me as if to say: "Good night."

No comments:

Post a Comment